While this book was well written, and didn't have anything technically wrong with it (although I must say I quit reading shortly after she started talking about treatment, so I can't give a fully accurate review), the title is misleading. It isn't a book about her experience with an ED. It is all about treatment. I didn't want a book on treatment. I wanted a book on what it was like to have an eating disorder.
Know what you want to get out of the book, and then you will know if this is the book for you or not.This book offers wonderful support and information to those suffering from an eating disorder as well as to the family and friends trying to help their loved one. The style is very engaging and easy to read, with lots of practical advice. The author draws upon her own experiences along the way. But, at the same time it includes the latest in scientific research and findings, in language that is very understandable. "Next to Nothing" has it all, and is a must read for those looking to understand the complicated world of eating disorders.If you've struggled, or know someone who struggles with an eating disorder, this a book that can help you realize that you're not alone and that there IS help. I should know, I've struggled with them since I was a teenager, but have overcome them.
It can happen :-)This book is full of useful information that can help those with an eating disorder, their familes and friends and those interested in general information. What she went through is spread all over in the book. I also found lot's of good ideas to use when confronting ED type behaviors.This is a book with valuable information about eating disorders. As it chonicles one woman's struggle with an eating disorder, it reviews the psychiatric and medical complications associated with eating disorders. This book also gives references about seeking help and guidance to recovery. I am a professional who works with eating disorders and I will highly recommend this book to my clients and their families.


0 comments:
Post a Comment